Our Nutrition Programs can help you:
- Learn how to eat properly
- Lose weight and keep it off for the long term
- Help you manage your cholesterol, blood pressure & blood glucose
- Adjust portion sizes appropriate for healthy body weight
- Eat to maximize energy levels
- Manage food cravings
- Meet daily vitamin & mineral needs from food & supplements
- Understand and interpret nutrition labels and restaurant menus
Nutrition Consulting Options
Custom Nutrition Program
Whether you want to lose weight, manage your diet to achieve a specific health goal, or simply learn how to eat better, this package offers an assessment, a customized nutrition plan and follow up visits.
- Initial Assessment [45 min]: Review goals, medical history, family medical history, blood work, current food intake, portion sizes, food preferences, restaurants/food courts frequented, supplement use, exercise habits, and body measurements.
- Based on your assessment, meal planning principles and personalized nutrition strategies will be developed to help you achieve your specific goals.
- 2nd Appointment [45 min]: Presentation of meal planning principles and personalized nutrition strategies and recommendations will be discussed.
- Follow up visit [30 min]: 2-4 weeks after presentation visit provides support, accountability and allows for ongoing nutrition education.
- Individual: $350 - May be reimbursable through your health spending account, personal spending account or extended benefits. Please check with your insurer for details.
- Your partner does not have to be an SAP employee and may also be covered for nutrition consulting just like yourself under your benefits plan. Please do check with your insurer for details. Sessions will take place at SAP and both individuals will receive separate receipts for reimbursement.
- 2 Full Individual Programs done together (and receive a bonus 10% discount). Each partner’s nutritional needs will be fully examined in slightly longer sessions and 2 individual nutrition strategies are developed that link in together. $350 First client, $280 Partner
- Combined Program where the assessment & personalized nutrition strategies are focused on the couples combined needs (at a 25% discount). The combined program still highlights specific individual recommendations, but is not quite as detailed as 2 full individual programs. $262.50 First client, $262.50 Partner.
If you want your diet and nutrient intake assessed or have specific questions — but you don’t need a personalized nutrition program — a consulting session offers you the opportunity get advice and strategies from to help achieve your goals.
- 60 min visit – Brainstorming session, resources/goal setting & recommendations are provided.
- Session Fee: $120 - May be reimbursable through your health spending account, personal spending account or extended benefits. Please check with your insurer for details.
Additional Follow Up Visits (30 min): $60 – Once you have completed your nutrition package or initial consultation, additional follow-ups can be added. The frequency of follow up visits is flexible and will depend on your goals and the number of changes you are making.
Booking Nutrition Consulting
Once you’ve decided the time is right to improve your nutrition:
- Download the Nutrition Intake Form. This is a short questionnaire that asks you about your nutrition and health goals, your medical history, and your eating and exercise habits.
- Fill out the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your information will only be viewed by our dietitian.
- Our dietitian will contact you by email to set up an initial appointment.
- Purchase your desired nutrition package by Clicking Here or clicking on the Book Online button >Online store tab > Service/Class Purchase.
Our Registered Dietitian
Sally Hayes - Registered Dietitian
Sally Hayes is passionate about teaching others about food and nutrition and taking the confusion out of nutrition. Sally helps her clients to set realistic and achievable goals, to identify the challenges that hold them back from success and then to find practical solutions to overcome the challenges and reach their health and wellness goals.A Registered Dietitian, Sally has more than 20 years of experience as a nutrition educator in private practice, institutional and community based settings. Sally graduated from the University of British Columbia and completed her dietetic internship at Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. She is a member of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and Dietitians of Canada.